Sport Holidays in the Alps
Burn off energy before breathtaking views
Have fun in the snow all year round – thanks to the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, you can! Surf the waves or swim through the refreshing water – Lake Zell is waiting for you. Lace up your hiking boots and head up the mountain – the Hohe Tauern National Park is not far at all. Jump on your bike and hit the pedals – the Tauern Cycling Path is right outside. Would you like to book a holiday with the combination of mountains, lakes and a glacier? Please do! All of this can be found at our sport hotel in Kaprun, a member of the Sportalpen Hotels.
Sports, sports and even more sports
With its diverse landscape, Kaprun is perfect for anyone who enjoys actively exploring nature or wants to train in peace for sporting events such as marathons, triathlons or the Ironman. The Kaprunerhof is the perfect place, too: here the athletic surroundings are at your feet. Our insider knowledge of the best routes, trails and ski slopes, as well as great deals such as bike hire, a cooperation with the Injoy fitness centre and the hotel's own indoor pool (opening summer 2016), allow you to enjoy your passion for sports all year round.
Nature and its many sports possibilities
- Kitzsteinhorn: Skiing fun from October into early summer. But you can also enjoy other types of sports here: the glacier is the perfect place for freeriding, ski touring, cross-country skiing, hiking, mountain biking and climbing.
- Lake Zell: Water sports are very trendy on Lake Zell – from swimming and stand-up paddling to kayaking and windsurfing, everything is possible!
- Schmitten: Hiking, skiing, paragliding and rides on the fun-slope are on the programme here.
- Maiskogel: The "family mountain" is perfect for doing sport – in addition to the Maisiflitzer Alpine Coaster, the special highlight is the 2,000 m2 large bike park.
- Kaprun: Idyllic running trails, challenging cross-country tracks and the local golf course invite you to get active in the valley.
5 athletic reasons to choose the Kaprunerhof
- Because we are also so interested in sports, we have plenty of insider tips for great running trails and challenging bike tours.
- GPS data, Suunto watches to test, rucksacks, rain jackets, headlamps, maps, bike locks, tools... you can hire all of this equipment right from the hotel.
- Take advantage of the total service and classes at the Injoy fitness centre in Kaprun – our guests can use the gym for free.
- Completely relax after an active day with alpine wellness. Or get even more exercise in our indoor swimming pool!
- Athletes need fuel: our kitchen will treat you to light and vegetarian dishes, as well as healthy afternoon snacks.
Send us your non-binding enquiry and get ready for exercise on your sports holiday in Kaprun.