Ski touring around Kaprun
Hiking and skiing all in one activity
Having to endure long queues at the lift? Nope. Needing to buy expensive ski passes? Nope. Ski touring gives you the freedom to hike up a mountain and ski down pristine slopes, all while avoiding busy, groomed ski slopes. In Kaprun there are ski tours that start near ski lifts for beginners and challenging alpine ski tours for professional athletes looking to train. So pack your touring skis and enjoy the silent magic of a winter ski tour in Kaprun.
The ski tours near Kaprunerhof
- Kitzsteinhorn: Icebreaker (5 km – 899 m of elevation gain) and the Snow Queen (2.5 km – 474 m of elevation gain). The ascent begins with the cable car up to the starting point at Langwiedboden.
- Ronachkopf: Ski tour in Thumersbach (2.5 km – 500 m of elevation gain) Start: Thumersbach car park
Safety while ski touring in Zell am See
Play it safe and have the right equipment:
- special touring skis with appropriate bindings (available for hire at Ski Dome, Intersport Bründl and Sport 2000)
- skins for the ascent
- safety kit including avalanche beacon, shovel and probe
- small snacks for the ascent (available for purchase at the hotel)
- map and compass
Guided ski tours in Kaprun
For those who do not wish to venture alone onto uncharted slopes, an experienced guide will gladly come along. "Bewegt – the Sport Camp" will tour alongside you through the winter wonderland, namely every Wednesday from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm. The meeting time is 4:00 pm at Sport 2000 Glaser to try on boots, then it's off to the Maiskogel and back.
We will gladly arrange maps for you, simply ask one of our staff members for help. If you are looking to go ski touring in Kaprun, then come and stay with us!