Hiking in Kaprun
Head into the mountains – the selection is great!Do you like hiking? Then you will love Kaprun! That's because Zell am See-Kaprun is the perfect destination and the Kaprunerhof is the perfect hotel for your hiking holiday. The places where skiers glide down the slopes in winter are where hikers pursue their passion from spring into autumn. It's the Kitzsteinhorn above all that gives hiking fans a special feeling: the pride of conquering a real 3,000-metre-tall mountain!
Mountains are made for hiking
But don't worry – there are smaller mountains for hiking, too. The Zell am See-Kaprun hiking region is home to "hikeable" challenges of all levels of difficulty and there are plenty of places to stop and eat along the way.
- Schmittenhöhe: Here hiking fun is topped off with works of art.
- Maiskogel: Pram-friendly trails await families with children.
- Hohe Tauern National Park: True natural beauty is waiting to be discovered.
Guided hikes in the Pinzgau region
Gerhard Orgler and his team of certified hiking guides from the "Bewegt" sport camp will show you the most idyllic and interesting places in the surrounding Alps on guided hikes. You can choose from the following tours:
- Nature and Technology: 5 to 6 hours – medium
Ascent to the Mooserboden reservoir, continues to the Pagan church (2,100 m), information about the power plant and the glacier, descent to the Fürthermoaralm
- Photo safari through Kaprun: 3 to 4 hours – easy
Travel back in time to Kaprun's past through the Kapruner Moos conservation area, to the local museum and the Bürgerkogel
- Alpine hut hike on the Schwalbenwand: 4 to 5 hours – medium
Ascent by car to the Mitterberghof/Thumersbach restaurant (1,200 m), ascent to the Schwalbenwand (2,011 m), descent past the Schützingalm hut (1,600 m)
- Glacier familiarisation tour: Interested hikers can sign up for a familiarisation tour on the Kitzsteinhorn. If you would like more information, just ask – we will be happy to give you more details!
Important information for guided hikes
- Twice a week (depending on weather)
- Register at the hotel reception by 7:00 pm the day before
- Free for guests of the Kaprunerhof
- Number of participants: 8 (difficult), 12 (medium), 16 (easy)
- Pick-up at the hotel or convoy to the starting point of your hike
- Suggested equipment: sturdy shoes, hiking clothes, rain gear
Did you forget your hiking gear?
Anyone who has forgotten their rucksack but would still like to discover the Alps around the Kaprunerhof can borrow equipment such as rucksacks, hiking sticks, rain jackets and headlamps. We will also be happy to tell you more about our favourite hiking trails. Hikers can pick up a free hiking map and GPS information at the reception.
Send us your non-binding enquiry – and in the meantime we will think of some great hiking tours for you.