Mountain biking in Salzburger Land
Through the Alps on two wheels
Here at the Kaprunerhof, good things are really close – in fact, right outside the hotel. Four easy, 14 medium-difficulty and 12 difficult bike tours including downhill trails and circular trails start near Kaprun. This means you don't have to be a pro to hop on the saddle of a mountain bike. The best thing about mountain biking in Zell am See-Kaprun: the fascinating landscape and amazing views are always your companion, making a bike trip in Kaprun an impressive sightseeing tour through the Austrian Alps.
Looking for something different?
Hotel owner Stefan Unterkofler also travels around his home region on two wheels. You can also book an experienced guide from the "Bewegt" sport camp to lead you through the mountains (for a fee). Are you interested? Simply ask our team at the reception. But it's not only guided tours that are on the programme: the bike park on the Maiskogel is a nearby playground for bikers looking for a challenge and a place to push their bikes to the limits. Exciting bike events such as the Bike Infection round out the range of Zell am See's mountain biking activities.
This mountain biking region at a glance
Zell am See-Kaprun is a bike region in Salzburger Land that you can explore from spring into autumn. Here are just some of the reasons this area is so great:
- Mountain bike trail network: 230 km, 16,000 m elevation gain
- Mountain bike tours: 30 tours (4 easy/14 medium/12 difficult) from 3 km to 27 km
- Freeride trails on the Kitzsteinhorn: Geissstein Trail (3.1 km), Wüstlau Trail (7.7 km), Bachler Trail (5.2 km) – starting from the Alpine Centre (free bike transport)
- Bike parks:
- Bikepark Maiskogel: a 10-minute walk from the Kaprunerhof: 2,000 m2 with drops, steep turns, pro-line, kicker, pump track, open area with obstacles
- Bikepark Leogang: around 40 minutes' drive from the Kaprunerhof: 9 different trails, "Flow Master" fit jump park, bike school, riding technique lessons, bike hire
- Sport events in the region: Bike Infection, Ironman, Glocknerkönig, Bike Four Peaks, Schmitten Uphill, Hundstoa Biag Di
The Kaprunerhof: the hotel for mountain bikers in Kaprun
Thanks to his own passion for mountain biking, Stefan Unterkofler knows exactly what mountain bikers are looking for. To ensure that nothing happens to your bike, our locked ski cellar transforms into bike storage in the summer. You will find tools and plenty of room in the hotel to make small repairs, and the team of our partner Intersport Bründl will be happy to assist with major repairs and help you find the perfect mountain bike to hire. Bikers also need to refuel. Our kitchen team creates balanced meals, our wellness experts will sooth sore legs with massages and you will get plenty of rest in our comfy hotel beds.
Are you a true mountain biker but have never been to Zell am See-Kaprun? What are you waiting for? Explore our beautiful region on your mountain bike!