Holidays at the foot of the Kitzsteinhorn
The Kitzsteinhorn's glacial world
The Kitzsteinhorn glacier's permanent ice makes it a winter paradise 365 days a year. The Gletscherbahnen Kaprun's lifts take you up in no time at all: at the summit station at 3,029 metres above sea level, you'll not only experience the highest point in Salzburger Land, but also many other alpine highlights. Plus, the views into the valley are simply breathtaking.
Here's what the Kitzsteinhorn has in store for you
- Skiing: 41 kilometres of slopes, freeride trails, snowparks and the superpipe
- Mountaineering: 100 climbing routes (winter routes also available), numerous hiking trails
- Mountain biking: 12 kilometres of freeride trails (three various trails), altitude of 1,500 metres
- Gipfelwelt 3000: Ice Arena, Nationalpark Gallery, Cinema 3000, Top of Salzburg
Snowy adventures on your holiday at the Kitzsteinhorn
The 41 km of slopes combine trails of all levels of difficulty to create a great mix for fans of deep snow, including skiing pros and rookies alike. Modern ski lifts will conveniently bring you up to Austria's first glacier ski resort. Ski down groomed slopes or one of five freeride trails. Thrill-seekers can get an adrenaline kick in the Glacier Park, Easy Park and Central Park snowparks, as well as the superpipe. The 3 km glacier trail at an altitude of 2,900 metres will make any cross-country ski fan's heart skip a beat.
Summer fun on Salzburg's only glacier
You can enjoy the Kitzsteinhorn in summer too, thanks to the Ice Arena! Plus, there's a great hiking area if you'd prefer to spend your summer holiday in a more traditional way; the Alpine Centre is a great start to hikes. If you don't want to hike alone, why not sign up for a guided hike? Climbers can look forward to 100 via ferratas in summer; some are even open in winter, too. Downhill fans can prove their skills on one of three freeride trails and uphillers can conquer the "Langwiedboden".
From your hotel near the Kitzsteinhorn into the Gipfelwelt 3000
- Get amazing views of the beauty of the Hohe Tauern National Park from the Nationalpark Gallery.
- At the Cinema 3000 you will experience the Kitzsteinhorn thanks to simply amazing panoramic photos on an 8-metre-wide screen.
- Get breathtaking views without a data projector from the "Top of Salzburg" panorama platform, which offers views reaching to Kaprun, Lake Zell and the Kalkalpen limestone alps.
- The Ice Arena has plenty of snowy fun ready for you every day: lie on the snow beach and go bobsledding down the hills covered with summer snow.
Plenty of great food and drink, too
A total of nine bars, cafés and restaurants whip up local food, fruity cocktails, hot tea, delicious coffee and many other great treats. A special highlight is the Ice Camp: picture three large igloos made of snow and ice while enjoying good music, cool drinks and light snacks.
We at your hotel near the Kitzsteinhorn look forward to your visit!