Mountain Climbing on Holiday
Lace up your boots and head to the top!
Do you love mountain climbing? Then you'll find yourself in the perfect jumping off point for mountain climbing tours when you stay as a guest at the Kaprunerhof. The Hohe Tauern boasts many 3000 m peaks, one of them being the famous Grossglockner, and the park isn't far from your accommodation. In fact, the Kitzsteinhorn is situated almost right outside the hotel's front doors, The selection of climbing routes and tours is the same as the view you get from the top – almost endless.
The right equipment for mountain climbing
Here is a short list of things that will ensure a safe and comfortable mountain climbing tour:
- backpack with first-aid supplies, rain protection, a hat and gloves
- ankle-high trekking boots with treaded soles
- ample water and small snacks
- sunscreen, sunglasses
Mountain climbing in the Hohe Tauern
The Hohe Tauern National Park, a stunning natural reserve in the heart of the Eastern Alps, is home to 266 peaks over 3,000 m. The advantages for mountain climbers in the Hohe Tauern National Park at a glance:
- Valley-Taxis: in order to protect the undisturbed natural landscape, the valleys of the national park, including the Kaprun and Rauris valleys, are closed to normal vehicular traffic. However, the park's own Valley-Taxis are there to bring you to your destination.
- Mountain guides: experienced mountain guides are available for beginner climbers, and are ready to guide you through the Hohe Tauern's magnificent landscape.
- Route network: the holiday region of Salzburg and the Hohe Tauern National Park alone offer mountain climbers 157 mountain climbing tours and routes. These include half-day, full-day and multi-day routes.
High-Alpine climbing tours on the Kitzsteinhorn
When mountain climbing on the Kitzsteinhorn, fascinating routes that wind through the alpine beauty are waiting to be discovered. The Kitzsteinhorn cable car effortlessly brings you to the starting point of numerous mountain climbing routes. The perks for mountain climbers on the Kitzsteinhorn:
- Guided tours: take part in weekly, guided hiking tours. You have the choice between a free 2-3 hour tour or a 5-hour summit tour.
- Cable cars: multiple lifts and cable cars bring you to your starting point of choice on the mountain. With the Summer Card, these rides on the Kitzsteinhorn cable cars are completely free.
Climb the highest peaks and recover afterwards with delicious food, a glass of wine, and comfortable beds at the Kaprunerhof. We look forward to your non-binding enquiry!