THE SCHÜTZINGALM IN ZELL AM SEE
The locals' favourite mountain inn
The Schützingalm in Zell am See can be easily reached by mountain bike or on foot. You can take your car to the Gasthaus Mitterberg and leave it in their hikers' car park. From there you will reach the Schützingalm in about 1.5 hours. The keeper of this chalet also cooks for guests and whips up amazing dishes. Stefan and Anna Unterkofler also like to hike to the Schützingalm via the Schwalbenwand. And there's a very special reason why this chalet is the favourite among locals.
Zell am See's Schützingalm at a glance
- Schützingalm, 5700 Zell am See
- Can be reached from the Gasthaus Mitterberg via the direct hiking trail
- Duration of the ascent: around 1 hour 30 minutes
- Detour over the Schwalbenwand possible
- Open: mid-July until mid-September
- Contact: 0043 664 2812492
Can we let you in
on a secret!