Your Triathlon Training Hotel
Base camp for triathletes in Kaprun
It's the mixture that matters – especially when it comes to triathlon training in Kaprun. Lake Zell is the perfect training ground for the swimming portion of the competition, the mountains are ready for you to cycle them, and the numerous running trails invite you to improve your stamina. It's not without reason that Zell am See is the venue for the world-famous Ironman 70.3. And the Kaprunerhof hotel is the perfect homebase for anyone who wants to train for this competition.
Ironman 70.3: the goal for every triathlete
Since 2012 Zell am See-Kaprun has been the scene for the Ironman 70.3. Athletes from around the world take on the challenge of swimming 1.9 km, cycling 90 km and running 21.1 km. The name of this sporting event incidentally comes from the total distance covered, namely 70.3 miles. The Kaprunerhof is situated near the competition routes: so why not train where athletes show their peak performance?
Your training camp: our triathlon hotel in Kaprun
Here at the Kaprunerhof triathletes find not only the perfect location, but also everything they need for their training:
- Swimming: Lake Zell is ready for you to jump on, guests of the Kaprunerhof can use the reserved lane at the Hinkelsteinbad pool in Piesendorf (for a fee; please register in advance) and from summer 2016 the hotel will feature its own indoor pool, perfect for training in bad weather.
- Bike storage: To ensure nothing happens to your precious bike, you can store it in our locked bike cellar – we also have tools for small repairs.
- Fitness studio: Train for free at the nearby Injoy fitness centre which features a large range of classes and modern exercise equipment. Guests are asked to register in advance due to the limited number of participants!
- Intersport Bründl: Our partners will be happy to take care of you when it comes to bike repair and running equipment – the sporting goods store is located just steps from the hotel.
Best prepared for your triathlon training
What else belongs to successful triathlon training? Soothing rest and delicious, nutritious food.
- Alpine wellness: The bubbling water in the Jacuzzi, the lovely heat in the sauna and gentle massages loosen your muscles and release tension.
- Alpine cuisine: Our kitchen team treats athletes to healthy foods made with local, seasonal ingredients – vegetarian choices included. Isotonic drinks and lunch packets are available at the hotel for an extra fee.
- Alpine living: Soft, comfy beds ensure restful sleep so you'll start the next day of training refreshed and ready to go!
Train where athletes compete for victory in the Ironman competition – and enjoy all the amenities of the Kaprunerhof hotel. We look forward to supporting you on your triathlon training journey!