Your Holiday Near Zell am See
Zell am See: a stone's throw from the Kaprunerhof
The small, picturesque city of Zell am See is situated on the shore of Lake Zell in the heart of the Pinzgau region of the state of Salzburg. Like Kaprun, Zell am See has been one of the most popular holiday destinations in Austria since 1966, although guests have been coming since the 19th century! The Kaprunerhof is a 15-minute drive from the centre of Zell am See and you can reach the city easily by bus. In summer you can hire a city bike from the hotel and cycle to the sights and attractions in Zell am See.
There's always something going on in Zell am See!
This city on Lake Zell has been a climatic health resort since 1961. It's worth a visit not only because of its healthy air, but also because of its wide range of events. Markets, the annual Star Advent Market, readings, sporting events such as the Ironman 70.3, theatrical performances and concerts invite you to celebrate and enjoy life. Restaurants ranging from rustic to modern and charming taverns add seasonal, local treats to your holiday in Zell am See.
Sights and excursions in Zell am See
- Rosenberg Castle: Since 1970 this romantic castle with its fairy-tale tower has been owned by the mayor and is a popular venue for weddings.
- Zell am See Parish Church: Thanks to its special shape and age (some parts are from the 10th century) this church is a special religious site in the Pinzgau region of Salzburg.
- Vogtturm: The Zell am See Local History Museum is found in the more-than 1,000-year-old Vogt tower, also known as the Kastner tower.
- Ferry Porsche Congress Centre: Zell am See's Star Advent Market is held in the courtyard, with events such as balls and concerts held inside.
- Shopping: In addition to many small boutiques and shops in the village, the PEZZ shopping centre invites you to go window shopping or treat yourself to a shopping spree!
The best attraction: Lake Zell
Zell am See is situated on the shore of one of the most beautiful lakes in Salzburger Land: Lake Zell. The crystal clear water provides cool refreshment and active holidays in summer. In winter you can go for a romantic walk around the shimmering lake. Or take it in another way: on board a ship, you will get a different perspective of your holiday destination. Fishing fans will find especially quiet places where the fish are sure to bite.
Bus line 963 will take you to Zell am See in just 20 minutes. You can find timetables and additional information at the hotel reception. Would you like to discover Zell am See for yourself? Book your room at the Kaprunerhof today!